Optimizing your business for local search is essential. We call it local Search Engine Optimization (SEO). It helps customers nearby your location to find your business or organization. In this article, we will help you to understand How to Add Google Maps to WordPress.
If you want to improve your Local business, there is an easy way in which you can use Google Maps. This will benefit the business with specific locations by map integration to their website.
Reasons You should Add Google Maps to WordPress
You should be asking why you should use Google Maps rather than putting an address on your website. While there are many possible reasons – you wish to learn How to Add Google Maps to WordPress. So, we have listed some of them.
- Local Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Improvement: A clever method to boost local SEO is to add a Google Map to your About Us Page. For example, customers around your neighborhood will easily find your place using Google Maps.
- Easy Guidance: If you succeed in enabling Google Maps on your website. Google Maps can direct all the customers to your business or website.
- Boost customer interaction: For businesses, customers are God. Therefore, customer interaction tends to improve your overall business. When you add Google Maps to WordPress, it will directly help customers locate and link customers and your service.
How to Add Google Maps to WordPress Easily
Across the article, you will learn How to Add Google Maps to WordPress Easily into your website. We will go through some of the easiest methods. So, we hope you never feel this process is complicated.
Method 1: Using Google Maps Embed Feature
Using Google Maps Embeds is by far the simplest method one can try. Google Maps comes with default embed functionality, which enables you to add your address directly into WordPress.
- First you need to visit Google Maps Embed website.
- Now, you will need to enter your business address.
- You can also change all the factors that includes: Satellite View, Map Zoom, Height and Width.
- Click on “Get HTML-Code” button. Here you will get a html embed code which you need to copy.
- Now, Open the text editor on you WordPress Site.
- You now need to search for “Custom HTML” button.
- Here you will find an input box. Paste the previously copied code here.
That’s it you have successfully added
- Now, Click on Embed button.
That’s it, and you have successfully added Google Maps to WordPress by embedding it to the page.
Method 2: Install a Google Maps Plugin
The next method in our list includes using a WordPress Plugin called the WP Google Maps plugin. WP Google Maps plugin offers more flexibility and control to the user. You can just follow the following steps to Add Google Maps to WordPress.
- Login to WordPress Dashboard.
- Navigate to Plugins >> Add New.
- Search for “WP Google Maps”
- After you find WP Google Maps plugin by WP Google Maps.
- Install and Activate the plugin.
- When you activate the plugin, you will see a Maps option on your left sidebar. Click on it.
- Navigate to Maps >> Settings. You can use the settings to customize the maps.
- When you finish up customizing the maps, just copy the shortcode from Maps Option.
You can paste the shortcode on any part of the webpage. Just click on add block and select the shortcode option.
It is far more convincing and engaging to include a Google Map on your website than just providing an address. It may also boost the local SEOs of your site, give straightforward guidance and showcase good feedback from your business.
We hope this detailed guide helped you to understand How to Add Google Maps to WordPress. And for the visitor who asked us to write an article on How to Increase Maximum Upload File Size in WordPress. We have a dedicated article on this.
We accept any type of suggestion from the visitors because it always motivates us to improve. Feel free to comment below.