Do you wonder How to Add Nofollow Links in WordPress?
The creation of links on the website does more than click on the guests. It also plays a role in improving the search engine ranking.
Today, We’ll teach you How to Add Nofollow Links in WordPress quickly and Why Nofollow Link is so essential. It can be more critical in the long run than you do to refine your search engine behaviors.
What is a Nofollow Link?
A nofollow link is a link that indicates search engines should not move a link from your domain to the other linked website. If you add the connection attribute rel=”nofollow”, you can convert any link to a nofollow link.
Backlinks or links are an essential ranking consideration for the search engine.
Search engines consider it a rating indicator when connecting to an external site and transfer to the other page a minor portion of the authority (link juice).
Link juice is simply a benefit divided between related pages and sites. It functions to add to the page ranking score or subtract from it.
Examples of Nofollow Link
- Blog Comments
- Sponsored Content
- Affiliate Links
- Posts or Sites Outside Of Your Niche
Importance of Nofollow Link
In SEO, the word “link juice” is used by several experts. It represents the shared equity of related websites. The place you are linking to is important to you, like developing a “vote.”
Therefore, many people have tried a lot to obtain backlinks. The more associated to a post or website, the more important is the outcome of the search.
Backlinks may not play the prominent role they once played, but link juice still contributes to sites such as Google. However, the rules for how these links are viewed are very different today. Today, to score well, it is all about connecting related materials.
For example, you wouldn’t want a baby clothing page connection to a computer repair website. Since these two niches are irrelevant to each other, search engines, bots might look terrible. This is why relating to information that applies to the content you are producing is necessary.
How to Add Nofollow Links in WordPress Using Code
In the Gutenberg editor, the manual creation of nofollow links is a fast and straightforward method that requires adding a rel=’nofollow’ attribute to each connection.
For beginners, here is a default link for search engines to follow.
And here is the nofollow link:
<a href="https://wpmarks.com/" rel="nofollow" >blogging</a>
Using Gutenberg Editor
Here are the easy steps you need to follow:
- Click directly on the block which contains the link.
- Now, click on the More Options icon. (the three dots)
- Choose Edit as HTML.
- Finally, click Save Draft or Publish to confirm the changes.
So, You may now insert rel=’nofollow’ into the text of the link.
Using WordPress Classic Editor
Since you still use the classic WordPress editor, nofollow links are like the Gutenberg editor.
- First open the Text editor.
- Find the link you’d like to modify, and add the attribute rel=”nofollow” to the text.
- Finally, click Save Changes or Publish.
How to Add Nofollow Links in WordPress Using the EditorsKit Plugin
As for WordPress, there is a plugin to help you with additional nofollow links. You will need to install the free EditorsKit plugin for those using the Gutenberg editor.
The plugin is a toolkit for creating a page with various block choices, allowing you more control over text types, styling, and workflow. Notably, one of EditorsKit’s capabilities is that nofollow links are available on your website.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Login to WordPress Dashboard.
- Navigate to Plugins >> Add New.
- Just Install and Activate EditorsKit Plugin
- After the installation is complete, Activate the Plugin.
- Find the page or post that you want to edit.
- To add a nofollow attribute, click on the link, and select Link Settings.
- You will see that an alternative is now open for Nofollow. Just toggle the switch on to this feature.
- The link is now nofollow automatically. Finally, Save the changes.
It’s fast and straightforward to add nofollow to your website, no matter the form you choose. That being said, it is essential to ensure that the required links become nofollow links since failure to do so will dramatically impact your SEO search engine rankings.
To summarise, we discussed several essential points, namely:
- What is a Nofollow Link
- Importance of Nofollow Link
- How to Add Nofollow Links in WordPress Using Code
- How to Add Nofollow Links in WordPress Using the EditorsKit Plugin
That’s it, we hope you learned How to Add Nofollow Links in WordPress easily. And for the visitor who asked us to write an article on How to Delete a Category in WordPress, we have a dedicated article on this.
We accept any type of suggestions from the visitors because it always motivates us to improve. Feel free to comment below.