It’s a necessity to Learn How to Add reCAPTCHA to WordPress. If you are in search of the same, we have just got the dedicated article for you.
reCAPTCHA is an essential asset for any website. It acts as a protective layer to your site against spam and abuse. It is a free service that implements risk analysis techniques to distinguish humans and bots
In this article, we will have a brief analysis on Google reCAPTCHA, Why reCAPTCHA is important for a website and teach you How to Add reCAPTCHA to WordPress.
What is Google reCAPTCHA?
With reCAPTCHA, web hosts can tell the difference between human and automated users. reCAPTCHA challenges the users to interpret difficult-to-read text or match pictures.
Since 2009, Google has been using reCAPTCHA technology, which it bought in 2009. Human users were also designed to pass the exam more readily.
Google has made reCAPTCHA publicly available. Therefore, website owners may utilize reCAPTCHA to minimize spam.
Learn How to Add reCAPTCHA to WordPress
When it comes to combatting spam in WordPress, the WP-reCAPTCHA plugin is a useful tool. Bots have difficulty reading the image, which stops them from publishing spam on your blog.
You can follow the given steps to know everything about installing the plugin and setting up the things:
Step 1: Install the plugin.
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard.
- Navigate to Plugins >> Add New.
- Use search box to look for “Simple Google reCAPTCHA“ plugin.. When you find it just Install and Activate the plugin.
Step 2: Setup the Google reCAPTCHA
- Here you need to Click Google reCAPTCHA which will redirect you into Google reCAPTCHA Admin page.
- Here give a easy to navigate lebel name.
- Now, do remember to select between reCAPTCHA v3 and reCAPTCHA v2.
- On the next step, select your domain.
- After this, select your owner account.
- And then remember to tick on Accept the reCAPTCHA Terms of Service.
- Finally, Select the “Submit” button.
Step 3: Setup API Keys
- Visit Google reCAPTCHA to get your API Keys for reCAPTCHA.
- From the list of domain click the domain for which you wish to view the API key.
- Click on reCAPTCHA Keys to view dropdown box with API keys.
- Now you will get into next page, there you just need to copy both the Site key and Secret key.
- Login to WordPress Dashboard.
- You need to go to Settings >> Google reCAPTCHA.
- Pase you Site key and Secret key in the given box.
- You can disable reCAPTCHA on login form, Enable reCAPTCHA v3 and also have the ability to Hide reCAPTCHA V3 badge
- Finally “Save Changes”.
If you are reading, you must have followed all the necessary steps as instructed.
Google offers reCAPTCHA and reCAPTCHA Enterprise to help protect your website against fraudulent activity, spam, and abuse. Therefore, it is necessary to enable reCAPTCHA in your WordPress website.
To summarize, WordPress is quick to set up and customize. We’ve gone through the easy methods to learn How to Add Stripe to WooCommerce. You are free to go through these steps.
Thus, we hope this detailed guide helped you to understand How to Add reCAPTCHA to WordPress. And for the visitor who asked us to write an article on How to Add Share Buttons on WordPress. We have a dedicated article on this.
We accept any type of suggestion from the visitors because it always motivates us to improve. Feel free to comment below.