In this article, you will be guided through some of the easiest methods one can learn How to Change My Blog Name on WordPress.
Decide to change your blog with care. It’s a long process with a lot at risk! Therefore, it is critical to evaluate the benefits and drawbacks of altering the name thoroughly.
Reasons Why you should Change My Blog Name on WordPress
Here are some compelling reasons why you should Change My Blog Name in WordPress:
- Your current name is not unique. There are also plenty of other blogs with titles that are close, if not identical.
- Your blog’s title and URL do not match.
- Because your blog’s name/URL is unclear, people have a difficult time remembering or discovering it.
- You’re shifting the emphasis of your blog.
Pros and Cons of Changing My Blog Name on WordPress
Here are some advantages and disadvantages of renaming your blog. These are generic examples that we came up with:
- You have the option of rebranding yourself.
- It’s thrilling and pleasant to go through a shift.
- You can choose an original name that no one else has. If your existing name is really common, this is a fantastic chance.
- Changing your blog’s name may help you feel better and more confident about it, especially if you dislike your existing one.
- Some of your readers may be confused if you change the name of your blog.
- If you don’t correctly set up a 301 redirect, visitors may continue to visit your old blog and have difficulty discovering your new one.
- People may not recognize you till your new name is established. As a result, you lose your previously established web presence.
- You must notify all of your publisher and author connections of your new URL and blog name so that they are aware of who you are.
How to Change My Blog Name on WordPress
Assume that once you’ve started your blog, you realize you don’t like the name and want to replace it. Here are the methods you need to follow:
- Login to WordPress Dashboard.
- Now navigate to Settings >> General.
- Here you can see General Settings and Site Title field.
You would now be able to change the Site Title. The Tagline is a caption or augmentation of the Site Title, where you can incorporate a short depiction of what’s going on with the blog.
At the point when you are done, make sure to tap on Save Changes to refresh your blog with the new website name.
That’s it, we hope you learned everything about How to Change My Blog Name on WordPress, And for the visitor who asked us to write an article on How to Add PDF to WordPress Elementor. we have a dedicated article on this.
We accept all kinds of visitor suggestions, as they continuously motivate us to improve. Feel free to comment below.