Have you ever met a superb WordPress site and wanted to obtain the same look and feel? To do so, you must find How to Find Out What WordPress Theme a Site is Using.
As we have already learned about How to tell if a site is WordPress, you next need to find the website’s theme.
Certain websites utilize personalized themes that you probably cannot use yourself. However, you will notice that websites use one of the most popular free WordPress themes or paid one in many situations. If so, the name of the theme may be found and downloaded or purchased yourself.
Methods to Learn How to Find Out What WordPress Theme a Site is Using
Here are the methods to Find Out What WordPress Theme a Site is Using.
Method 1: Use IsItWP Website
IsItWP is a theme detector for WordPress. It is an online tool that identifies the theme and plugin used in the WordPress website. IsItWP is easy to use; you can just open the IsItWP website and enter the URL you wish to check.
When you enter the URL on the search bar, IsItWP checks if the website is WordPress or not. If it’s a WordPress site, IsItWP looks for the plugins and themes used in the website.
It might be the common but easiest one. Every WordPress theme has default theme credit given at the footer. You can check for the credit in the footer of the webpage.
Don’t worry if there is nothing in the footer. You can follow the other methods.
Method 3: View the Source Code
Most of the active WordPress owners tend to hide or change the theme name and credit. Therefore websites like IsItWP fails to list out the WordPress theme used.
If the above methods don’t work for you, this method will surely fix your issue.
Now, follow the given steps:
- Open the website for which you wish to reveal the theme used.
- Now, you need to view page source. To do this, right-click from your mouse and choose view page source or just use shortcut Ctrl+U.
- After you succeed in viewing the page source, simply search for “style.css” You can do this by using search feature on your power, just click Ctrl + F to reveal th search bar. So, now you can simple type “style.css” and search for it.
- “style.css” is the key file which will reveal What WordPress Theme a Site is Using. After you find the search result, simple open the link of the third result.
- After you click on the link, you will be redirected to a new tab with all the required informations.
The theme name with all other details can be visible from the above screenshot.
We hope this detailed guide helped you to understand How to Find Out What WordPress Theme a Site is Using. And for the visitor who asked us to write an article on How to Increase Maximum Upload File Size in WordPress. We have a dedicated article on this.
We accept any type of suggestion from the visitors because it always motivates us to improve. Feel free to comment below.