Are you searching for the easiest method to learn How to Add Search Box in WordPress Header? Great! You clicked on the right article,
For your website, a search bar is essential. It allows the website users to discover what they’re looking for quickly. A search bar is the website’s Google, allowing users to locate crucial information quickly.
A search panel is supported by default in most WordPress themes. However, if your theme doesn’t have it, or if you want to build your personalized search box, you can do so with ease. Since WordPress is known for its customizability, adding a search bar to the website can be done in various ways.
Learn How to Add Search Box in WordPress Header
With WordPress, you get the default search option as a widget. Besides, a lot of plugins will help you connect a search panel or build it alone. These methods, along with the photographs, are all described here step by step.
Method 1: Using Widget Panel
This is the most simple and shortest way to include a search bar. You need to go to the widgets of WordPress and follow the given steps:
- First Go to your WordPress Dashboard.
- Now Navigate to Appearance >> Widgets. After clicking, you’ll find the widget labelled as Search.
- Next, click on the Search and then select Add Widget. As an alternative, you can also drag it to the Widget Area.
- When you finally finish these steps, Preview your changes on your website.
Method 2: Using Ivory Search – WordPress Search Plugin Plugin
This is indeed a computer-assisted procedure. You won’t require any coding or technical skills.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to WordPress Dashboard.
- Now, navigate to Plugins >> Add New.
- Next, search for a Plugin labelled as ” Ivory Search – WordPress Search Plugin.”
- Install and Activate Ivory Plugin.
- Open the Menu Search options—select Menu Search from the Ivory Search section on the WordPress dashboard’s left side.
- Select a Menu and Press “Save”
- Select Menu Search form Style
- Select Menu Icon Color
- Enable “Display search form close icon”
- Finally, Save the settings and Refresh your website to view the changes.
To summarize, WordPress is quick to set up and customize. We’ve gone through two separate approaches to incorporating a search bar. You are free to go in either direction.
Here’s a short overview of these methods:
- Method 1: Using Widget Panel
- Method 2: Using Ivory Search – WordPress Search Plugin Plugin
Anyways, we hope this detailed guide helped you to understand How to Add Search Box in WordPress Header. And for the visitor who asked us to write an article on How to Fix WordPress Too Many Redirects. We have a dedicated article on this.
We accept any type of suggestions from the visitors because it always motivates us to improve. Feel free to comment below.